Thursday, April 23, 2009

Burt's Bees

I have been wondering about Burt's Bees products for quite sometime. Unfortunately, I can't just look at the label and figure out if it has animal byproducts. The following is listed on the FAQ section of their website:

"Burt's Bees does NOT conduct product or ingredient tests of any kind on animals. A few of our products contain ingredients derived from animals such as beeswax, royal jelly, milk and carmine."

After further research, I noticed that Burt's Bees also uses Lanolin in their products. If you are looking for a completely vegan product, you must check for the following:

Beeswax
Royal Jelly
Milk
Carmine
Lanolin

I asked Burt's Bees to email me a list of completely vegan products, I am still waiting on a response.

1 comment:

  1. I am planning on buying Mama Belly Butter with Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E from Burts Bee. I will wait until I see the list they send to see if it's on the list first.

    ReplyDelete