Monday, January 10, 2011

Brushes!

I am always looking for good brushes that don't break the bank. I don't know about you, but $20 or more for an eyeshadow brush seems ridiculous. So I was looking for affordable brands of makeup brushes, and came across some reviews on YouTube. The only thing? They weren't makeup brushes at all!

Loew-Cornell is apparently the MAC of paintbrushes. Yes, I just said paintbrushes. Like, for paint. On paper. No, I am not crazy. I have been watching countless YouTube makeup tutorials, and MANY of the makeup gurus have suggested using the Loew-Cornell brushes as a substitute for makeup brushes. And many of them have said they are MAC quality. Well, I think you know where this is going......

I ordered a package of Loew-Cornell brushes to test out. They are made of nylon, so NO ANIMAL HAIR here! I opened the package thinking they would be rough. I was wrong! These brushes are SO soft and they really don't irritate the skin! I haven't used them for makeup yet, as I still have to wash them first! (Wash and condition your brushes before you use them; they will help the brushes from shedding!) The brushes are definitely on par with my Eco-Tools brushes, which I adore.

I also ordered another brush made from Royal Brushes. The brush is a blending brush, and once again, SUPER SOFT. I love it and I will be definitely practicing my blending techniques with this brush!

The best thing about these brushes? THE PRICE! I got 11 brushes for less than $10. I definitely recommend going into your local craft store and looking at and feeling the brushes. Decide which ones feel soft and won't irritate your skin.

Watch EnKore Makeup or Hair and Makeup How To on YouTube to see the comparisons to MAC brushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment