Wednesday, April 29, 2009

LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

I heard about Lush through an old friend. I had never heard of it before, but I decided to take a look at the website.

"We specialize in making highly effective, 100% vegetarian (and over 70% vegan!) products for bath, hair and body that are loaded with fresh, natural ingredients and minimal preservatives. "

First of all, BRAVO! It's nice to see that a company is clear about their vegetarian/vegan status. I wish more companies did that! Each product that is vegan is labeled as such on the website!

They also sent me the following email:

"Thank you for your email. We do not use carmine as a colorant in our products, but we do use lanolin. The lanolin that we use is removed from the wool of the sheep without harming it. There are a few ingredients that we use that are not vegan, but all of these are collected without being harmful or painful for the animals. These include honey, yogurt, fresh eggs, beeswax, and lanolin."

I think it's really cool that Lush sells Henna Hair Dyes. I have never seen another western retailer sell something like that. They also have all sorts of bath and body products, which seems like a great alternative to Bath and Body Works.

They represent their company as "Fresh Handmade Cosmetics", but when I think of cosmetics, I automatically think make-up. This company specializes in bath and body products such as shampoos, conditioners, bath salts, bath bombs, perfume, etc.

I haven't personally purchased anything from them, but they do have actual stores all over the country (3 in NY!!!). If you have purchased anything from them, please tell me how you like it!

http://www.lushusa.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment